I've been on the hunt for a while for a nicely shaped glass jar and at last I found one.
Covered the bits I wanted to cover in fabric with masking tape leaving lots of areas open. I also created a roof using tinfoil and masking tape.
So this is how it started.
I added some clay hearts to the roof and a couple of half balls to the jar.
It was touch dry by now and I wanted to see how the roof fitted.
I felt the roof needed something else so I added more trim to the edge.
I also added more trim around this 'window'.
Everything is now thoroughly dry and ready for the pigment.
Firstly I used white pigment as it is meant to enhance the colours.
And from the other side.
I mixed the greeny turquoise and blue pigments with media varnish and dry brushed them on the hardened fabrics.
From a different angle.
Then the sun came out, so I popped outside and grabbed a few photos, as to me, this shows the more natural colours.
I love the way you can see through the 'windows'.