Thursday 12 October 2017

Steampunk / Gothic Fabric Book


I started off by sewing the pages in using upholstery fabric.


Found some images I wanted to use, printed them onto fabric, cut them out and mounted them onto a piece of fabric to then start to build on them.


Adding bits and bobs to create the page as and when I came across something.



Next I trapped lace trim between the pages and glued them together.


I glued lace on the inside pages.


And another of the inside pages covered in lace.


Inside pages covered in lace and lace trim between the pages. Book is now ready to be decorated.


So I started playing around with how I wanted the pages to look.


Close up of the flowers with the buttons sewn over the top.


Next set of pages. I decided to do some machine sewing in this book.


Close up of the metal embellishments. 


Next set of pages, again some elements have been sewn using the machine. 


This is a close up of the image which has been couched and the word has been machine stitched.


And the last two pages with buttons and more machine sewing.


Close up of some of the sewing and the buttons.


The silk rod has been machine sewn to hold it in place.


I decided to add some beads, chain and discs to the right hand page.


Close up of the metal embellishments. Cogs and clocks.


And the studs along the bottom.


I decided to change these two pages around and added a belt buckle and studs to the right image and organza fabric to both of them.


I added a skeleton skull to the right hand page.


This is the finished front cover.


Pages one and two, a bit more trim added to both pages to finish them off.


Pages three and four. Trim added to the left page and a black lace to the right. 


I think these two pages stayed pretty much the same.


Last two pages, seven and eight with a bit more trim added.


Back cover has just been decorated with a piece of navy lace and a doylie which I stained black. I wanted to keep the back pretty plain so the book lays down flat on a surface.


Front and back covers when opened out.


And finally a view from the top.

A huge thank you if you stayed with me all the way on this post, I know it was rather long, but it was a long process!!

2 comments:

Corina said...

I love it, and great to see the progress!

hazel said...

This is gorgeous Sam.
xxx Hazel.

Blog Archive