Wednesday 7 February 2018

Hippo


I was asked by a friend if I could make her a hippo. I said I'd give it a go and we'd see how it went. I made a huge egg shape for the body, four stumpy little legs and a figure of eight for a head shape.


Once happy with the shapes, I covered them in a light grey NZ carded batt wool (The Felt Box) and once I'd worked on the eyes and the nose, I started on the dinky ears.


Here is the face completed, but you can't see the big mouth (yet).


Here she is all finished with her head now attached to the body!


From the left side.


Loving that dinky tail.


And from the right side.


And as promised, the big smiley mouth.

I'm happy to say that she likes it and is coming round to pick it up before valentines day!! She has named her Henrietta!

2 comments:

geezercrafter said...

That's one cool hippo!!

Evil Edna said...

that is so cute, love it

Blog Archive