Tuesday 6 February 2018

Mouse


After watching the Sarafina video on how to make tiny toes, I thought I'd give it a go. The green wire is 22 gauge and the white is paper wrapped and is 26 gauge.


You can find out more info on my blog post here about how they were wrapped.


From toy stuffing, I made a head and a body.


Then I added the arms and legs and wrapped core wool around the joins.


Added ears and a tail and gave him a bit more of a belly.


Next I made some templates to make some clothes for him using my new Merino wool from Pat.


I put three layers of wool on each side and proceeded to wet felt them.


Once I was happy with them I cut out the resists, re-felted the cut edges, put them on the mouse and left him in the airing cupboard to dry over night.


I added some buttons and needled felted a dark blue trim to his hat and collar. I rolled up his sleeves so you can still see his little hands.


His eyes are brads and I used Merino wool for his nose and mouth features with a bit of flesh coloured batt on his nose.


And this is how he looks from the back.


He is now complete with his accessories. My mum kindly knitted him a little bag and matching scarf which are both detachable.


Doesn't he look dapper. He is wearing them with pride. He is now off to his new home.

No comments:

Blog Archive